- Identify, prioritize and target gaps in representation that can be filled through protected area expansion, and complementary conservation, efforts on private and state-owned land;
- Develop regulatory drivers and an incentives framework to support PA expansion, and complementary conservation, efforts on private and state-owned land;
- Establish and administer a conservation stewardship program to implement PA expansion initiatives on privately owned or managed land;
- Effectively plan, resource and manage an expanded PAN comprising both private and state protected areas;
- Cost-effectively mitigate the threats to, and pressures on, the unique biodiversity contained within the expanded PAN (notably the spread of invasive alien species); ensure better integration of the PAN into the country’s socio-economic development priorities, in particular development of the tourism industry, to ensure its long-term financial sustainability; and
- Respond effectively to the needs of, and meaningfully involve, different stakeholder groups in the ongoing planning and operational management of the expanded PAN.
Please visit PAN website for more information.